Friday, October 16, 2015

The Best Ramen Shop in Suwon [멘야산다이메]

IMG_1246

멘야산다이메's New Suwon Location
2015.08.09 @ 수원 남문 [Suwon Nam-mun]

I have always raved about 멘야산다이메 [Menyasan-daime] in 홍대 [Hongdae]. It is by far my favorite restaurant in all of Korea. It's the best Japanese ramen I've had outside of Japan. One day, I was taking a walk in search of a ramen shop that was supposed to be down by 남문 [Nam-mun]. When I arrived, it was sadly shut down, but to my pleasant surprise, there was a big banner on the outside stating that there was going to be a 멘야산다이메 opening later that month. There wasn't an exact day, so my usual morning walks began to take me down that way to check on the status. It took a couple weeks, but it finally opened, and I couldn't be more pleased.

IMG_1227
( Black Ramen is the top choice. )

IMG_1247

IMG_1248

IMG_1242

IMG_1241

IMG_1238

IMG_1237

IMG_1233

IMG_1231


Related Posts
  IMG_8902   IMG_8949   IMG_0032   IMG_9029
 화로구이 [samgyeopsal]       Paldalmun Market            Arigato Momma             Suwon Hwaseong


How to get to the 멘야산다이메 in 수원
Suwon Station [수원역] (Seoul Subway Line 1) - Exit 1
Go out Exit 9 and follow this map. You can also take a taxi to get a little closer. Say, "Nam-mun ka-ju-se-yo." [남문 가주세요]

Menyasan-Daime Directions

IMG_1246
(The store front looks like this. )


For more on my life in Korea, check out my tumblr account: Public Intox in Korea


Feel free to comment or email me with questions or comments: spenser.r.ford@gmail.com



Points of Interest in Suwon & Seoul

1 comment:

  1. http://fashions100.com/index.php?option=com_adsmanager&view=list&Itemid=506&lang=en

    ReplyDelete