Friday, March 28, 2014

St. Patrick's Day 2014 - 신도림 [Sindorim]

IMG_7818


St. Patty's Day
2014/03/15 @ 신도림 [Sindorim]

I missed the Saint Patrick's Day celebration last year, but I went in 2011 & 2012. It was nice to get out an see some old friends and meet some new ones. I actually had plans after the event, so I remained sober and took some photos. It's a fun time, because there are people dancing and musicians playing fun dancy music.


IMG_7810
( The area is a big amphitheater. ) 

IMG_7824
( The dance crowd started out pretty darn small. )

IMG_7833
( A lot of people were all decked out for the holiday. )

IMG_7837
( An Irish dinosaur )

IMG_7845
( One of the musicians )

IMG_7846
( PINWHEELS )

IMG_7853
( Another one dressed up )

IMG_7860
( Some more musicians )

IMG_7862
( I ran into Calvin & got to meet Matt and his daughter. )

IMG_7865
( I hadn't seen Danny in nearly a year. )

IMG_7869
( I also ran into Jake, one of Drew's frat brothers. )

IMG_7870
( His friends were all pretty hilarious. )

IMG_7875
( Derek decided that we were best friends. )

IMG_7876
( I like how all the pictures morphed from photos of two people to four people... )

IMG_7880
( ...to seven people. )

IMG_7888
( This guy was harassed a great deal, but he was a good sport. )

IMG_7892
( See! He's in the background posing. )

IMG_7893
( Another group photo. I'm sorry everyone, I don't remember all your names. You'll have to help me out with those next time we run into each other. )

IMG_7897
( HA. This picture started with two people as well. )

IMG_7900
( Matt posed with somebody's pizza fail. )

IMG_7904
( I'm not entirely sure how a bird and giraffe related to St. Patty's, but I liked it. )

IMG_7910
( This dude hung around for quite awhile. )

IMG_7913
( Derek and... I think her name was Nicola. )

Related Posts
Untitled   Untitled   Untitled   Untitled
      St. Patty's 2011                St. Patty's 2012               Scavenger Hunt               아침고요 Garden


How to get to Hongdae:
Sindorim Station [신도림역] (Seoul Subway Lines 1 & 2) - Exit 9 / Exit 8
Walk out exit 1, and you'll be in the plaza.

Sindorim Directions


For more on my life in Korea, check out my tumblr account: Public Intox in Korea



Feel free to comment or email me with questions or comments: spenser.r.ford@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment